Data Protection for Consulting and Auditing Firms
A consulting or auditing firm is obliged to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of the information their clients have shared with them.
Interchanging work documents securely without the fear of information leaks is essential to maintain the reputation of firms in this industry. Trust is an added value and a competitive edge.
Prot-On can help you to:
- Protect the information your clients entrust you and monitor who gains access to it.
- Share documents securely with external consultants or collaborators by limiting and controlling access to them.
- Use the Internet securely to share ideas and business plans.
- Block all the information used once the audit has come to an end.
- Manage information availability timescales by deciding in advance the date and time from which a document will be accessible or inaccessible.
- Find out details on who has used previously sent documents and when.
- Protect customer communications : reports, recommendations, documents requiring evidence of delivery.
One of the main advantages of Prot-On is that the server where the encryption keys are stored can be up and running in just a few hours both in SaaS mode (Software as a Service) or On-Premises (at the customer’s premises). It’s also very easy to use and the learning curve is short.
With Prot-On you can protect MS-Office documents (word, excel and PowerPoint), PDF, texts, images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp, .tiff, .tif) and videos or audios (the vast majority of formats for audio and video files).
Prot-On can be easily integrated with existing company user repositories, since it is compatible with Active Directory (AD) and LDAP. In addition, Prot-On supports multiple configurations, so that users can be in different domains in different forests, even combining LDAP and AD.
Prot-On’s architecture allows users to interoperate with users on other Prot-On (including free users on the Prot-On public server), so it is feasible to grant permissions to external users outside the company such as clients, auditors, consultants, suppliers…
You can protect your files or folders and control them remotely in the cloud to retain ownership of the content. With Prot-On nobody will be able to access your files unless you give explicit permission, even if forwarded to a third party.
Prot-On is compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and ownCloud.
Yes, you can share protected files with any user, they will need a free Prot-On account. With Prot-On you can control your files internally and externally.
Services for enterprises
Prot-On has two Enterprise Services: Small Business and Corporate
Check the features here and start to protect your confidencial information in your business