Data Protection for SMEs
SMEs continually run the risk of having to pay significant fines for failing to comply with the Data Protection Laws, mostly because they are unaware of its provisions and at other times due to a lack of resources.
These small or medium-sized enterprises have to keep abreast of technological advances which do not alter their work processes to ensure their legal survival. Cyber attacks are one of the greatest threats facing SMEs today, as they can lead to a company’s bankruptcy.
Prot-On can help you to:
- Comply with the security measures which apply to files according to the Data protection laws in a simple way.
- Prevent information leaks by former employees, dishonest employees or external collaborators.
- Share ideas or presentations with suppliers or manufacturers without fear of losing the company’s intellectual property.
- Use the cloud securely without losing control over documents.
- Gain access to databases from anywhere and from any device with total security.
– The files remain encrypted at all times.
– The protection affects any copy of the file (authorized or not).
– Prot-On identifies users and authorizes access to the file or not.
– Access permits are managed in real time by the data controller.
– Any activity on the file or change in permits is recorded.
One of the main advantages of Prot-On is that the server where the encryption keys are stored can be up and running in just a few hours both in SaaS Mode (Software as a Service) or On-Premises (at the customer’s premises). It’s also very easy to use and the learning curve is short.
Prot-On can be easily integrated with existing company user repositories, since it is compatible with Active Directory (AD) and LDAP. In addition, Prot-On supports multiple configurations, so that users can be in different domains in different forests, even combining LDAP and AD.
Prot-On’s architecture allows users to interoperate with users on other Prot-On (including free users on the Prot-On public server), so it is feasible to grant permissions to external users outside the company such as clients, auditors, consultants, suppliers…
Yes, you can have your reports, budgets, ideas, development
or any other type of information securely stored in the cloud. You can then share your documents when you need by giving permissions to the recipients and eventually revoking them if required. You can do both actions at any time, even after you have shared the content with the recipients.
Prot-On is compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and ownCloud.
Yes, it is possible to share documents without losing protection with anyone. The recipient only needs to be registered as free Prot-On user and then he will be able to view the document (if the recipient has your permission) with the Prot-On application if he has downloaded it or online using the Drag’n Drop service.
Services for enterprises
Prot-On has two Enterprise Services: Small Business and Corporate
Check the features here and start to protect your confidencial information in your business
Prot-On for enterprises