Data Protection in the Public Sector
The public sector has to take special care when handling citizens’ private information and ensure the confidentiality of people.
It also has to protect state secrets and monitor the information it shares with other national and international agencies and administrations.
Prot-On can help you to:
- E-government’s confidential relationship with citizens in a simple and secure way.
- Protect public documents containing sensitive information on citizens.
- Protect key confidential documents in public procedures ( Justice, Public Tenders, Legislation, …).
- Share confidential information on public services, infrastructures and citizens with other public administrations and international bodies.
- Secure exchange of information with private Service Providers and Internal Affairs and Defense documentation.
- Comply with the ENS as it allows to encrypt the information, define who can access to the information, the privileges to do actions with the information and it also gives traceability about who, how and what for, the information has been accessed.
One of the main advantages of Prot-On is that the server where the encryption keys are stored can be up and running in just a few hours both in SaaS mode (Software as a Service) or On-Premises (at the customer’s premises). It’s also very easy to use and the learning curve is short.
Prot-On can be easily integrated with existing company user repositories, since it is compatible with Active Directory (AD) and LDAP. In addition, Prot-On supports multiple configurations, so that users can be in different domains in different forests, even combining LDAP and AD.
Prot-On’s architecture allows users to interoperate with users on other Prot-On (including free users on the Prot-On public server), so it is feasible to grant permissions to external users outside the company such as clients, auditors, consultants, suppliers…
Yes, you can have your confidential information stored in the cloud. You can then share your documents when you need by giving permissions to the recipients and eventually revoking them if required. You can do both actions at any time, even after you have shared the content with the recipients.
Prot-On is compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, Box and ownCloud.
Yes, it is possible to share documents without losing protection with anyone. The recipient only needs to be registered as free Prot-On user and then he will be able to view the document (if the recipient has your permission) with the Prot-On application if he has downloaded it or online using the Drag’n Drop service.
Services for enterprises
Prot-On has two Enterprise Services: Small Business and Corporate
Check the features here and start to protect your confidencial information in your business
Prot-On for enterprises